Thursday, September 25, 2014

New Patterns and Such

Today I am here sharing some fun new patterns with you all! I've been sewing up a storm lately and here are two new patterns that I hope you love as much as I do. When I made these projects for the first time, I had no intention on making them patterns. I shared them on Instagram and had lots of interest so patterns they became! Although I haven't been posting here, you can find me on Instagram sharing what I'm working on in my sewing room. You can find me @everydaycelebrations. I still plan to post here, but I will be sharing over on Instagram much more frequently.

First up is the Fairground Mini. This is a mini version of the Fairground quilt I made for the Moda Bake Shop. (You can find the original pattern here.)


Mini quilts are so fun to make! They are quick and oh so cute because of their size. Mini quilts make the perfect gift for a sewing friend to hang in their sewing room. Or you can make the a single block and add to bags, quilts, or other sewing accessories. Or if you have a little miss in your life, mini quilts make the perfect dolly quilt. Because dollies need cute quilts too!




Next is the pattern I'm really excited about. Say hi to the All Season Patchwork Pillow. (The pattern includes templates for both the Christmas and Halloween styles.)


These pillows are quick and the perfect project for the beginning sewer.  How cute would these make as a gift this holiday season? I promise they take no time to make and are a great way to personalize your holiday decor. This pillow has an envelope back which makes switching out a breeze!





Why am I so excited about this pattern? Well, I plan on making many more styles of this pillow for various occasions. Think Thanksgiving, Valentines, sport teams, etc.  I first made the Halloween style after I had a good pile of scraps after making a Halloween quilt. (More on that later.) I loved it so much that I knew I needed one for Christmas. Then I started thinking of the possibilities. There are a ton. So this is the plan. The future styles will all follow this basic pattern but you can come back to my blog and get the templates needed for the new styles for free! One pattern but endless styles and options! Fun right?

Well that's enough for tonight. I will be back soon with some more patterns and some free tutorials for the blog! Promise it won't be as long as my last break. ;)

1 comment:

I love comments and questions!

If you have a question, email me so I have your contact information. My email link is on my left side bar.

Thanks for reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails